Relocation to the Tri-Cities
Why Would Anyone Want to Relocate to the Tri-Cities, WA?
- It’s the Economy – Our economy has been getting national attention: the Tri-Cities ranked #11 out of 366 Statistical Metro Areas for strength of economy in 2013 based on this study. A good economy means a good job market which probably the main reason for relocation to the Tri-Cities.
- We Are Growing Fast – According to Inman News, as a percentage of population, the Tri-Cities is expected to be the 2nd fastest growing metropolitan area in the nation for the remainder of this decade at 35% which is even greater than the 33% jump we experienced from 2000 to 2010. It seems a lot of people agree that the Tri Cities is a great place to relocate.
Are There Any Other Reasons Besides Jobs for a Relocation to the Tri-Cities?
- Great Place to Raise Kids – According to Kiplinger, no less, Richland, (and by extension, the other cities) is the 2nd best metro area in the country to raise kids. Yep, you heard right, 2nd best in the whole country. You won’t have to sacrifice quality of life for your kids to relocate to the Tri-Cities.
- Affordable Housing – A lot of other people relocating to a city usually drives the home prices up and makes it less affordable to live there, such as what happened in Southern California. Fear not, our housing economy is not going to get Californiacated. According to the Runstad Center for Real Estate Studies at the University of Washington, Benton County, which includes Richland and Kennewick, was the most affordable metropolitan county in the state for first-time home buyers during the second quarter of 2012. Our housing market is so affordable some people relocate here first and then find a job in our strong economy. That’s what we did when we moved over from Puyallup. We needed more room for our kids so after relocating here gained 1000 square feet and decreased our mortgage at the same time.
- Residents Enjoy the Tri-Cities – With its unique local flavor, excellent school systems, virtually non-existent traffic congestion, low crime rate, only 7 inches of rain or less, 300 days of sunhsine, diverse outdoor recreational opportunities, and limitless regional attractions, there are a lot of reasons to relocate here besides just getting a job.
Tri-Cities Relocation Resources
If you are planning on relocating to the Tri-Cities you will want to plan ahead. Our Tri-Cities Visitor & Convention Bureau has resources to help you in your move. If you need your house painted before you move in, or even after you move in, you’ve already found the right place. Kirbyworks Painting is here to provide you with complete interior and exterior painting services including popcorn ceiling removal and texturing, drywall repair and re-texturing, siding repair, and anything else needing to get done before the paint goes on.
If you will be needing any other work done on your house before or when you move in I have a list of contractors I personally recommend.
Kirbyworks Painting – A Relocation Service in the Tri-Cities You Can Trust
Kirbyworks Painting has earned the service industry-coveted 2012 Angie’s List Super Service Award, an honor awarded annually to approximately 5 percent of all the companies rated on Angie’s List, the nation’s leading provider of consumer reviews on local service companies. “It’s a select group of companies rated on Angie’s List that can claim the exemplary customer service record of being a Super Service Award winner,” said Angie’s List Founder Angie Hicks. “Our standards for the Super Service Award are quite high. The fact that Kirbyworks Painting earned this recognition speaks volumes about its dedication providing great service to its customers.”
Call Kirby at 509-551-1060 to make arrangements for a free painting estimate.